Sunday, July 5, 2009

Wonderballs

I found this recipe on the website of someone who went to the same college I did, Meal Planning Mommies. I was excited to make them with Noelle, but she does not like to get her hands messy. So, I made them by myself, but it was still totally worth it! Now Andy and I make them together and sometimes we don't even share with Noelle.
  • 1 Cup Peanut Butter
  • 3/4 Cup Honey
  • 1/2 Cup Milled Flax Seed
  • 1/4 Cup chopped nuts
  • 1/2 Cup of dried fruit like raisins or craisins
  • 1/2 Cup of chocolate chips
  • 2 Cups of Uncooked Oatmeal
In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter and honey. Add in oatmeal and flax seed, stir. Finally, stir in chocolate, chopped nuts, and dried fruit. Using a spoon or your hands, make cookie dough sized balls out of the mixture. I find it works best to squish it a bit to help it stay together better. Place the wonderballs into tupperware, stack with wax paper in between. Place them in your freezer, and take one out whenever you'd like a snack! You can also keep them in the refrigerator if you prefer them softer, but they will also be a little stickier that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment