Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tortilla Pizza

  • 10" flour tortilla
  • spaghetti sauce
  • mozzarella cheese
  • italian herbs
  • your favorite toppings

Place a 10" flour tortilla on a cookie sheet and spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on top. Sprinkle cheese over the sauce, then add your favorite toppings. Sprinkle some dried italian herbs over the toppings, cover with more cheese, and then bake in the oven at 450 for about 12-15 minutes.

We have used pepperoni, sliced red peppers and bacon, chicken and barbeque sauce, ham and feta cheese, pulled pork, and even the mixture we use for our Southwestern Salad. We used monterey jack cheese for that one. Basically, you just need a sauce, cheese, and some toppings and you're good to go! This can be a good "clean out the fridge" recipe.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea and may use it to finish up some pizza sauce that we have in the fridge. I usually have flour tortillas on hand... Is just one enough for the family? I would think I'd need two or three to feed us and the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We usually make 2 for me, Andy and Noelle. So yes, I'd probably make 3 for your family!

    ReplyDelete